Bristol is one of four BELONG by GAME arenas taking part in a trial to be more autism friendly.
BELONG Arenas are separate areas at some GAME stores where customers can play the latest video games on the latest equipment –including high tech gaming PCs, Playstations and Xboxes.
These are called “stations” and customers can book time at them, sit in a comfy seat and use the consoles with headphones for quiet and privacy.
Chris is the Arena Manager in Merchant Street and, with his colleagues, will make your visit as inclusive and enjoyable as possible.
How to book a gaming station at Bristol BELONG Arena
You can book a station (which has a PC and consoles for you to use) for £5 to £7 an hour.
If you have someone supporting you they do not need to book a station. But, if you are going with someone who wants to play games too they will need to book a station.
There are four ways you can book a station
- You can go into the store and ask to speak to a member of staff – tell them that you would like to book time at the arena. If you let them know you have autism they can help you plan your trip, but you don’t have to tell them.
- You can call them on 0747 604 0764 – tell them that you would like to book time at the arena. If you let them know you have autism they can help you plan your trip, but you don’t have to tell them.
- You can email them on firstname.lastname@example.org – write that you would like to book time at the arena. If you let them know you have autism they can help you plan your trip, but you don’t have to tell them.
- You can visit belong.gg and use the Quick Book tool. You will need to select Bristol City Centre, the date and time you would like to book, the number of stations you would like to book and how long you would like to book it for.
Preparing for your visit to Bristol BELONG Arena
The website for Bristol’s BELONG Arena has lots of information, including when the stations are available and what equipment they have. Visit belong.gg/arenas/bristol-city-centre/
The BELONG Arena has two sections. One is on the ground floor and one is up a couple of steps. There is a disabled lift so you can access both areas.
When you go to the Bristol Arena you will see a big TV and sofa on the ground floor and the raised area.
You will also see a counter. If you want to ask a member of staff a question you can go to this counter. You can also buy drinks and snacks from here, or you can take your own.
Here are some things to think about before your visit:
- There are two entrances at the Bristol GAME store – one on the left goes straight into the Belong Arena and one on the right which goes into the GAME store (don’t worry, you can still get to the Belong Arena through the GAME store)
- If you would like a computer in a quiet area, choose one in the raised area
- There is a toilet available to use, ask a member of staff
- The Arena and store is quietest on Monday and Tuesday mornings. Other times and school holidays might be busier.