Their shops, including the one in Bristol Shopping Quarter, may be temporarily closed due to the national lockdown, but did you know you can now donate your pre-loved treasures and unwanted goods to St Peter’s Hospice through the post? It’s completely free and easy to do!
The Hospice has partnered up with Clicksit so that you can post your donations to them for free. Each freepost donation can weigh up to 10kg and be up to 60cm x 50cm x 50cm in size.
To find out more, including a step-by-step guide to donating, click HERE.
What can you donate?
They would love to accept your quality pre-loved goods that are in excellent condition. If you loved it, someone else will, too! Right now, they are especially in need of:
- Premium quality branded clothes, shoes
- Jewellery – Gold and silver pieces in any condition are particularly desirable, modern or vintage
- Cameras and lenses – Particularly high quality
- Watches and clocks – As long as they’re in good condition
- Ornaments and antiques – Anything high quality and desirable, modern or vintage
- Old foreign and domestic coins and notes – Any currency from any time and any country, regardless of condition
- Medals and memorabilia – Unique, collectable or antique
- Records and box sets – The more collectable and unique, the better
- Toys, dolls and bears – Any vintage and antique items
Please wrap any fragile items carefully so they don’t get damaged on their way to us.
What you can’t you donate right now?
You might have been having a declutter during lockdown, but St Peter’s Hospice would appreciate you holding on to bulkier items until their shops re-open. At the present time, please don’t send them:
- Clothes and shoes – Unless they’re from a premium brand
- CDs & DVDs – Unless they are a set
- Games consoles
Please don’t leave anything outside their shops while they are closed, as this is classed as fly-tipping and you may be fined. Please also note, their donation station at Avonmouth is now closed.
Please note they are unable to take a number of items either by post or when their shops re-open. Please take a look at the full list of items they are unable to accept HERE.