Following four previous visits (December ’16, June ’17, December ’17, and June ’18), we are delighted that Southmead Hospital Charity will be kicking off this June’s edition of the Great Brunel Buskathon in Bristol Shopping Quarter on Saturday 1 June. Listen out for performances from some truly fantastic acts outside M&S in Broadmead.
Money raised at the event will help make a difference to patient care at Southmead Hospital, Cossham Hospital and in the Bristol, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset communities so please come down, have a great time, and give generously if you can.
The Great Brunel Buskathon
Twice a year, in June and December, Southmead Hospital Charity invites performers of all ages to use their talents to raise money for patient healthcare services across North Bristol NHS Trust.
Ways of fundraising include:
- Ask for a retiring collection at a planned performance;
- Set up a concert, play or performance in aid of the charity and raise money through ticket sales or donate a percentage of takings;
- Receive sponsorship as part of your own timed buskathon at school;
- Collect at your band’s next gig;
- Host a performance in your company office to entertain staff at lunchtime;
- Entertain customers in your store with live music;
- Find an audience, put out your collection bucket, start performing and watch the donations come in.
Throughout both months they also host daily performances in Southmead Hospital’s Brunel Building for patients, staff and visitors to enjoy and take the Buskathon to a small number of offsite venues, including Bristol Shopping Quarter, to help spread the word and increase donations.
Who’s on the bill in Broadmead
Bristol Rock Choir- 11am
Gospel Generation Community Choir- 12.15pm
Mini Massive (saxophone group)- 1.30pm
TBC – 2.45pm
TBC – 4pm
To find out more about Southmead Hospital Charity click HERE.